19 things you might not know about Brussels sprouts – Telegraph.co.uk
8. In August, adventurer Stuart Kettell, 49, rolled a Brussels sprout to the top of Mt. Snowdon using only his nose, to raise money for Macmillan Cancer support.
9. Sprout fan Linus Urbanec from Sweden holds the current world record for the most Brussels sprouts eaten in one minute. He swallowed 31 on November 26, 2008.
10. The heaviest ever sprout was grown in 1992 and weighed 8.3kg (18lb/3oz).
11. This Christmas, M&S is hoping to win over sprout lovers with a new lurid green Brussels sprout, pear and apple juice, below.
12. The sprout industry is worth £650,000,000.