Juniper Berries, Whole Frontier Natural Products 1 lbs Bulk
- JUNIPER BERRY - With unusual cone shapes and a scaly surface, juniper berries are a unique seasoning. There are several species of juniper berries, produced on evergreen trees native to North America, Europe, and Asia. Juniper berries are not real berries as the name suggests, but serve a similar botanical purpose. They are used as a spice and also as a drink enhancement, especially with alcoholic beverages.
- A VERSATILE INGREDIENT - The spicy and aromatic berries are dark in color when dried. They are commonly added to alcoholic beverages such as gin and tonics to enhance the aroma. When crushed, they add a nice flavoring in foods, such as beef, pork, duck, fruitcake, and casseroles. Our juniper berries can be used whole or crushed in many ways to enrich dishes and give them a citrusy, piney and tart flavor.
- FLAVORFUL AND AROMATIC -The berries are commonly added to alcoholic beverages such as gin and tonic, giving them a spicy, pine-like aroma. To enhance the flavor of casseroles, meats, and even beverages, the juniper berries can be added whole or crushed to provide a sweet, robust flavor. They are commonly used to also enhance the aroma and flavor of pork, beef, venison, and duck, adding a piney flavor with a hint of citrus.
- SOURCED FROM BULGARIA - Frontier Co-op juniper berries are kosher certified, and they are grown and harvested directly from Bulgaria. Each berry is hand-picked and sun-dried then harvested to provide a product that can be used whole or crushed.
- ABOUT US - Owned by stores and organizations that buy and sell our products, Frontier Co-op has been a member-owned cooperative since 1976. We support natural-living and our products are never irradiated or treated with ETO. We're committed to the health and welfare of the environment and everyone producing and consuming our botanical products.
Frontier Co-op dried juniper berries are naturally grown and harvested to deliver a spice that easily compliments many types of meat, drinks, and prepared dishes. The powerful pine aroma makes it a popular ingredient in gin and tonic. The spicy, pine flavor with its hint of citrus makes it a very common ingredient in casseroles, duck, pork, and even drinks like hot teas.
Best Uses: Cuisine, Gin, Tonic, Stews, Soups, Meats, Teas
- 1 pound bulk bag (16 ounces)
- Kosher certified and non-irradiated
- Caffeine-free and GMO-free
- Dried whole berries, usable crushed or whole
- Botanical name: Juniperus communis L.
- Product Dimensions: 1.4 x 9 x 1.4 inches; 1.22 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1.22 pounds
- ASIN: B0012BUL96
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews